Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Caramel Pumpkin Pie Ala Mode Parfait



It's that time of year again...

It's aaaall about the Pumpkin !

I'm addicted to this simple
and easy to assemble ice cream dessert.


 3 Basic Ingredients.  
Just layer in a glass,
as much or as little of each as you desire.

               1- Ice Cream--vanilla or whatever you feel 
                                      would go with pumpkin.
                                      Tonight it's Caramel Pecan.
           2-Caramel or Salted Caramel--ice cream topping
                                  or the kind in the tub for dipping apples.
           3-Canned Pumpkin--just spoon in right from the can
                                  I use the plain pumpkin 
                                             because I like to control the amount
                                 of spice by sprinkling on my own
                                 powdered Pumpkin Pie Spice.
                                But you could use the pie filling kind, it
                               would just have more spices already added.


Can you see that pumpkin pie spice sprinkled in there? mmmm!


The finishing touch?   a Pizzelle


Those pretty, thin, lacy Italian cookies  
cooked on a pizzelle iron.  

Tastes like a waffle cone and 
is the perfect compliment to our sundae.

I buy them boxed.

I've never tried making them myself
but I imagine they are amazing fresh and warm
straight off the iron.

I found a recipe at  cookdiary.net


Enjoy!

Betty

Sharing at    Share Your Cup Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Yum Betty! I've never thought of eating pumpkin straight from the can, but I am all over salted caramel! lol! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean